http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

b e l l e v i n e

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

all humble beginnings


aren't actually very humble. or maybe just for this case.

i'm actually blogging at caviarr. i've switched blogsites simply because i like bellevine (bel-le-vine) better and i like this blog layout much better too.

last bit before i go:

ROBERTO CAVALLI MIGHT FACE JAILTERM.

Cavalli could face two years in jail now that the case which saw him originally accused of fraud in 2000 has come to the attention of Judge Linda Vannucci. The case, for which Vannucci is currently considering both a verdict and a sentence, alleges that the 65-year-old designer spent £1.5 million on renovating his Tuscan villa before trying to claim the amount as a business expense and therefore tax deductible. Cavalli claims the works, which included a helicopter hanger, landing pad and inside and outside swimming pools, were part of his business, since his villa – famously one of the finest in Italy – is used for fashion shoots. "My house is not my home," he said. "It's my workplace, it's my office, it's my imagination and where I have fashion shoots. It's the place Madonna, Sting, Cindy Crawford and Jennifer Lopez try the clothes I create. I have to have luxury, my work requires it and my house is used for VIP parties. That's why I claimed the cost against my firm's tax liability."

source: Vogue

seems like Mr. Cavalli isn't too careful. but he prolly has a point there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home